TG-Series - for passive optical access networks
The TG-Series is a family of cost-effective, passive optical WDM products. Designed for access applications, the TG-Series provides one of the most compact WDM access solutions on the market. The TG-Series fits in a wide range of applications, from controlled environments in central offices to street cabinets or even underground enclosures such as manhole applications that require environmentally hardened products.
The TG-Series supports point-to-point, mesh, bus and ring-based network topologies and can be used in a number of network scenarios such as Fiber To The Curb (FTTC), Fiber To The Building (FTTB) and high-security access networks. The optical modules come in a variety of form factors, including rack-mounted modules for central offices and street cabinets. Modules ideal for use in harsh environments like manholes are also offered.
The TG-Series is fully compatible and interoperable with the TM-Series and the TS-Series as well as the Transmode Network Manager (TNM). This gives network operators a simple upgrade path to fully active WDM solutions. Combined with parts from the TM-Series, it forms Transmode's iWDM-PON solution.
TG-Series features and benefits include:
- Supports point-to-point, mesh, bus and ring-network architectures
- Creation of network spurs only containing the wavelengths specific to the add/drop node increases network security significantly
- Single Fiber and Fiber Pair support extending the TG-Series flexibility and increase cost efficiency
- Supports a wide range of deployments; from controlled central offices to underground chamber or manhole applications
- Simple installation and commissioning
- Highly adaptable to specific customer requirements
- No need for power nor software due to the passive design reducing cost and environmental impact
- Compact filter housing with 1u and 3u racks
Read more about the TG-Series platform here, and in the datasheets to the right.